Always and Forever... and no matter what!

... our lives as we walk through this journey hand in hand...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The MOVE!

So as I have stated before... we are moving! Where to you ask... Dallas Texas! For how long?... 4 months.
This is our third summer doing this... so you would think that it wouldn't really phase us... but... it does!
I hate moving! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! I hate not feeling secure in one area. I hate not really having a place to call home. I hate packing and unpacking ever few months. It gets really stressful. It's also hard saying good bye to family and friends for the summer. Wait maybe I should clarify some things... I don't hate that we are moving to Dallas... it's just the actual "moving" process I loath. I hate the transition between going from one place to the other! Ok now that I have that stated...
Don't get me wrong, there are definate benefits to summer sales. Jarom is really really good at it... and makes good money! The money we make each summer allows me to stay at home with Vienna and for both Jaorm and I not having to work as he goes to school. So yes... I see the need for it and do feel blessed. I am in no way trying to cry "woe is me" cause he can sell. It's just the "moving" part I really hate!
Anyways, today we finished packing up the whole house, loading the trucks and getting our stuff into storage. Now we just have to go back on monday and clean up. It sure feels good to have everything all packed up. You would think that after doing it so many times we would be fast pros... but we aren't. hahaha. I'm just glad that part of the move is over!
When ever it comes time to pack up again I feel like I am at a stand still... I don't know where to start. I get over whelmed... usually procrastinate for the most part... and then end up busting my butt until the wee hours on the last day! You think I would learn!
The other night I was able to go out for dinner with my two best friends and we started talking about moving. We each counted the number of times we have moved in the past 4 years and I came up with 13 moves! What the heck?!
Besides all the packing, organizing, cleaning and late nights... saying goodbye to family is really rough. Especially now that we have Vienna this part of the move is really quite sad. It's just hard. I know it is rough but we are lucky Jarom has such a great talent. I just wish people could see that and understand that we are trying to d what is best for our little family. And after such hectic constant travelling during the winter it's nice just to be the three of us. Sometimes I feel like I don't get Jarom to myself... or that we don't get to be alone to do our own thing, to figure out how we want to raise our new little family. I recognize that everyone is just wanting to help us out and bless their hearts, I love them to death!... but I can be stubborn and want to figure things out for myself.
Right now I am at a crossroads with emotions. (yes I can be a very emotional person). On one hand I am so sad to leave our families and friends... but on the other hand I am really excited to go back to Dallas to where I have made some really dear friends. It's really weird. I'm so lucky to have the friends that I do down in Dallas. Luckily I adore the bosses wife and her kids and some other awesome ladies involved in the company. They know what a summer sales life can be like and we can all support one another. I can't wait to see them soon!
I can see how some people view moving as a fresh start... a new adventure... but ya... we have been down this road too many times. hahaha. I can't wait for the day to come when we buy a house! How awesome will that day be hey! I'm not sure how many more years we plan on doing summer sales for... but to think that someday we will have a house that we will permenantly live in... wow... what a day that will be!
Anyways... look at me ramble on. hahaha. I can't believe it's already that time of year again. I'm just glad that the packing part is over! Celebrate your victories as they come!
I guess I should get my butt to bed. It's pretty late and I need to unpack my car and get organized so we can go to Calgary. Jarom and I have decided to go to Calgary and banff for our 2nd year anni this weekend. It should be fun!
I'm so grateful that this day is done. I am not sad that it had to end. hahaha.
Now we just need to pack our car for Dallas... oh fun... but that isn't till next week so I am going to not let it bug me just yet!
Wish me luck as I transition through the "moving" process. I'm going to need it!
Loves until next time!

6 comments:

  1. hey sweety i love the blog super cute!! i am amazed at all the moving you have done in the last 2 years ... you are alot stronger than you realize. just remember this is whats best for you and wont it be nice to be just you three :) i will miss you terrible love ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this is ang useing jens computer hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadia,
    I completley understand all the mixed emotions that your going through right now...i just went through them myself.The day after we got married we flew to houston for summer sales and my life hasn't ever been the same. I hate moving too and i always wonder why we do the crazy things we do. Something that has helped Aaron and I is that we have a little motto from a conference talk we use. It's "Come what may and love it. I know it's not easy though. I always think one day i'll look back and miss the hot summers, playing at the pool, shopping, and all the fun things we get to do. You'll have such a fun summer with vienna and she'll make it go by faster than ya think. Im so glad you have a blog now they are super fun:) have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Kassi thank you for that comment! I really needed it a lot!!! I love that quote you guys got from conference... I think I am going to take it and aply it to my life. You seriously really made my day! You're awesome! Im so glad to know that someone out there knows exactly what I am going through. We moved down to summer sales the day after my wedding too and it was rough. Thanks again for the commet!
    Oh and Ang... I love ya!!! Im so glad you got to see my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny i was coming on here to comment and saw i already had....but didn't remember doing it. LOL ang did Hahaha. Babe once you get married the family unit is now you and your husband and your children. It great to have supportive family and friends but do what is right for YOUR little family and if any one else gives you grief they just aren't honestley concerned about YOUR welfare!!! You go do whats right for yours... and maybe hire movers next time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support Jen! It's nice to know there are people out there who totally get how you feel! And yes I totally agree with what you said! Im so sad to leave everyone but at the same time... it is SUCH a blessing to have Jarom be able to make enough money to keep us both from having to work during the school year. It allows me to be a stay at home mom (more attention and time with my baby girl) and allows Jarom to concentrate more on school. Thanks for the comment babe! And yes we do need to hire movers next time! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete